Sunday, October 24, 2010

Up up update

So here is the latest, I've worked at House of Air for a month now and it is quite possibly the best job outside of being a wrestler or touring drummer I could ever dream of. I work at a place I had dreamt about as a kid, a place with trampolines for walls and where I could learn to do a back-flip and then eventually do a back-flip off a wall. I've done it! I'm having the time of my life because I get to jump on a trampoline anytime I want. Its not only an amazing workout, but the joy I still get from jumping is second to only drumming for me, it is a dream come true in a way.

My co-workers are amazing, the bosses don't hassle me and actually value my input I feel like they take action when an issue arrives, and when I do screw up, they aren't down my throat about it, its just like, yeah don't do that again. It makes me feel like the wait to find a job in this town was well worth the time it took. I'm actually barista trained now, not just Starbucks barista trained which has very little to do compared to the delicate touch required when you have to pack a port-a-filter yourself and not just push a button.

I finally get why people could have a beef with the Starbucks way compared to a barista trained on an espresso machine where you control steam pressure and the outcome of every shot, and drink yourself, its pretty impressive seeing first hand what happens if you aren't consistent throughout the entire process. While i still don't like the taste of espresso, its crazy the difference you can taste when a shot is fast vs slow, it can taste like a battery if you screw it up, it's gratifying when you know you made the shot on time with perfect coloring.

I get paid to do this which is still an almost baffling part to me. I'm very happy at my "job", but I hardly feel that name is a fitting title. I don't mind going in, and in fact want to cover and help out as much as I can. I only wish everyone could love there work as much as I do(I'll stop with the bragging now, but you have to admit...it is pretty sweet)

The Bowie show is coming up fast...I'm nervous which means I care and that is good, I just hope I remember the lyrics...damn I should have watched that show more to get study techniques...actually no, forget that I'll learn my own way and not suffer through whatever washed up star is hosting that show, aaaaannnnnd the tangent is now over. It will be a good show I wish anyone who reads this blog, which at this point is probably only me, you should still spread the word to your friends about the show Halloween night at The SUB!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment